To further social distancing efforts during the coronavirus pandemic, California Gov. Gavin Newsom has ordered all restaurants and bars to close to dine-in customers until further notice. To remain open in a limited capacity, many restaurants are getting creative to continue serving their communities as people hunker down, offering carryout service and, in some cases, free meals to food-insecure students and community members.
Below is a list of restaurants that remain open. Please check their websites and social media pages for the latest updates and hours of operation. Also, consider buying gift cards to keep cash flow moving. We will be working continuously to update this list.
- Lost Coast Outpost: Food Hero Roundup
- Action News Now: North State Restaurant Guide
- Chico Chamber of Commerce: Chico Chamber Member Restaurant & Bar Status
- Mendocino Coast Chamber of Commerce: Restaurants, Food & Beverages
- Truckee Chamber of Commerce: Truckee Takeout
South Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Restaurant Association (Tahoe Chamber): GO Local Takeout Blitz
- Yolo Farm to Fork: Woodland Restaurants and Businesses
- Sonoma County Gazette: Takeout Food During the Coronavirus Shelter-in-Place
- Visit Santa Rosa: COVID-19 Restaurant, Brewery and Farmers Market Guide
- The Sacramento Bee: List of local businesses that are closed, open and altered by coronavirus
- Visit Napa Valley – Restaurant Carryout and Delivery
- Yountville, Napa Valley: Yountville Businesses Status During COVID-19
- 7X7: San Francisco Restaurants Offering Takeout & Delivery
- Eater SF: East Bay Restaurant List
- Eater SF: SF Restaurant List
- Eater SF: Peninsula Restaurant List
- Visit Berkeley: Great Food (& Libations), To Go!
- Oakland Chamber of Commerce: Oakland’s Open #StayInOrderOut
- Downtown Livermore: Businesses Serving/Stronger Together!
- Downtown Santa Cruz: Downtown Delivered
- Visit Monterey: Monterey County Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Visit Carmel: Restaurants Offering Meals To Go in Carmel
San Luis Obispo
- San Luis Obispo: Chamber of Commerce
- Santa Barbara The American Riviera: Dine, Sip and Support Local
- Downtown Santa Barbara: Take Out & Delivery
- Dine Out Long Beach: Crave The Dates For 2020
- Long Beach 908: 908 Guide To Long Beach Food During COVID-19
If you have a list you would like to submit contact Liz Lorand at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find more restaurants open during the coronavirus use our map to search in your area.